Setting Realistic Goals
Goal setting is important both professionally and personally. This was a great article from Manage Better Now. http://managebetternow.com/2012/04/08/the-value-of-not-pursuing-goals/
I agree with the blogger that setting your goals, committing them to paper and then putting that paper some place that you frequently look at makes you more inclined to constantly be working on achieving those goals.
What are yours? I will share a few of mine with you
1) By 30-31 years of age, buy property
2) Start my own consulting HR firm/business
3) Start and continually update my own professional blog (doing that right now!)
4) Finish my Certificate in HR Management and then obtain my PHR
5) Make a career move in which I would be positively impacting the business in a MAJOR (HR Business Partner/HR Manager/HR Generalist) role
While I haven’t achieved all these goals yet, 2.5 is a pretty good start. I just remember to adjust my short-term goals and day-to-day decisions to correlate with my long-term goals.
What kind of goals are you setting and reaching???
One thought on “Setting Realistic Goals”
I am really enjoying the theme/design of your blog.
Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues?
A couple of my blog visitors have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks
great in Opera. Do you have any solutions to help fix this issue?