I am a purposeful Human Resources professional with experience providing consultative business partnership to organizations. I am a human resource strategist who thrives in an Agile, dynamic work environment. I champion organizational culture, mission and values and integrate them into the practice of HR.
- Consult with functional leaders to drive business results by focusing strategically on people operations, workforce planning, organizational development and change management. Support strategic decisions by providing essential data to influence action and offer proactive solutions to complex challenges.
- Design, implement and support company programs dedicated to enhancing corporate culture, driving business objectives, hiring and retaining top talent, increasing the productivity and engagement of employees and developing opportunities for employee growth and development.
- Program Manager with experience architecting, implementing and evaluating:
- Values and Culture Driven Programs: Drive adoption and support of employee recognition, community relations, philanthropic partnerships, and internship programs.
- Performance Management: Mentoring and motivating team members to meet their optimum performance. Partner with organizational leaders to create comprehensive talent development and succession plans across teams and throughout organizations. Partner with managers on development of job descriptions and evaluation tools.
- Total Rewards: Work with sr. leadership team to build, evaluate, improve and communicate compensation/merit philosophy, bonus programs and promotion practices. Administer benefits and wellness programs, including development of communication collateral and hosting informational sessions.
- Leadership Development: Coach and counsel leaders on personal effectiveness, leadership, team cohesion and team learning & development opportunities.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) & Affirmative Action Program Plan: Define, maintain and monitor recruitment and selection practices that align with regulatory agency, AAP goals, business objectives, and compliance parameters.
- Provide consultation in areas including, but not limited to: talent acquisition and management, immigration, employee relations, learning and development, employment law and regulatory compliance, organizational effectiveness, training & development, data analysis and reporting, and strategic development.
Human Capital Strategist, The HR Hacker | 2011 – present
Director of Human Resources, Chartboost | 2017 – present
People Operations Manager, if(we), acquired by The Meet group | 2016 – 2017
Head of Human Resources, Brightscope, Inc., acquired by Strategic Insights | 2012 – 2016
Recruiter & Human Resources, buyautoparts.com | 2010 – 2012
Operations & Human Resources, juicy couture | 2007-2009
- Led company-wide recruiting initiative to grow BrightScope employee base by 110% over an 18 month period (2012-mid 2014).
- Decreased BrightScope attrition by 8% over 2 consecutive quarters (2015).
- Designed and implemented BrightScope’s first Outcomes-Based Wellness Program and maintained a participation rate of 90%.
- Well-Being Challenge Award Recipient for BrightScope Wellness Program (May 2013, October 2013, October 2014).
- Nominated finalist for the San Diego Business Journal’s 2015 Healthiest Companies Award.
- Negotiated to decrease cost of company benefits by approximately 6-9% over 3 consecutive years (2014, 2015, 2016).
- Architected and launched we(grow) Leadership Development Program (October 2016).
- Architected and launched Boosted Leadership Development Program (April 2017).
Bachelor of Science Degree, Political Science | Northern Arizona University, 2005
Certificate in Human Resources Management | University of California, San Diego, 2012
Professional in Human Resources | Human Resources Certificate Institute, 2013 – 2019
SHRM-CP | Society of Human Resources Management, 2015 – 2018
Certified Wellness Program Coordinator | Chapman Institute, 2015
Northern California Chapter of SHRM | 2017-current
National SHRM Member and Capitol Hill Advocate | Current
San Diego Chapter of SHRM & Legislative Committee Member | 2011-2016
Rady Children’s Hospital – Patient Care Companion Volunteer | 2013-2015
Feeding America San Diego Chapter | 2012-2016
Skilled in talent management – acquisition, performance management, and L&D
Strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulatory compliance
Experienced coach, mentor and motivator
Strong knowledge and practical application of benefits and compensation programs
Skilled in employee relations
Experience with microsoft office suite, apple suite, and google apps
Experience with html, django, jira/confluence, basecamp
View my resume here: A Brown HR Resume