I am a strategic, tactical and operational Human Resources executive and program manager with 10+ years experience providing consultative business partnership to organizations. An experienced human resource strategist, I thrive in an Agile, dynamic work environment. I champion organizational culture, mission and values and integrate them into the practice of People Operations/HR and Employee Experience.
- Consult with functional leaders to drive business results by focusing strategically on people operations, workforce planning, organizational development and change management. Support high priority organizational decisions by providing essential data to influence action and offer proactive solutions to complex challenges.
- Design, implement and support organizational programs dedicated to enhancing corporate culture, driving strategic business objectives, recruiting and retaining top talent, increasing the productivity and engagement of employees and developing opportunities for employee growth and development.
- Experienced practitioner in architecting, implementing, managing and evaluating:
- Values and Culture Driven Programs: Drive adoption and support of employee recognition, community relations, philanthropic partnerships, and internship programs.
- Performance Management: Mentoring and motivating team members to meet their optimum performance. Partner with organizational leaders to create comprehensive talent development and succession plans across teams and throughout organizations. Partner with managers on development of job descriptions and evaluation tools.
- Total Rewards: Work with sr. leadership team to build, evaluate, improve and communicate compensation/merit philosophy, equity, bonus programs and promotion practices. Administer benefits and wellness programs, including development of communication collateral and hosting informational sessions.
- Leadership Development: Coach and counsel executives and managers on personal effectiveness, Emotional Intelligence, leadership, team cohesion and team learning & development opportunities.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) & Affirmative Action Program Plan: Define, maintain and monitor recruitment and selection practices that align with regulatory agency, AAP goals, business objectives, and compliance parameters.
- Additional experience overseeing the planning, development and execution of all functions of HR including: talent acquisition and management, immigration, employee and labor relations, learning/training and development, employment law and regulatory compliance, organizational effectiveness, training & development, data analysis and management and strategic development.
Human Capital Strategist/Consultant , The HR Hacker | 2011 – present
Vice President of People Operations (HR), Code to the Future | 2017 – present
Director of Human Resources, Chartboost | 2017
Head of People Operations, if(we), acquired by The Meet group | 2016 – 2017
Head of Human Resources, Brightscope, Inc., acquired by Strategic Insights | 2012 – 2016
Recruiter & Human Resources, buyautoparts.com | 2010 – 2012
Operations & Human Resources, Juicy Couture | 2007-2009
- Developed a complex data modeling tool for compensation benchmarking and merit review | Code to the Future
- Implemented talent acquisition Standard Operating Procedures and established a streamlined new hire on-boarding process | Code to the Future
- Architected and deployed organization’s 1st performance management program | Code to the Future
- Architected and launched Chartboost Boosted Leadership Development Program | if(we) – April 2017
- Architected and launched we(grow) Leadership Development Program | if(we) – October 2016.
- Initiated organizational wide transition to Agile and technical project management process | if(we) August 2017
- Architected and deployed Diversity & Inclusion programs for talent acquisition and L&D | BrightScope
- Negotiated to decrease cost of company benefits by approximately 6-9% over 3 consecutive years 2014 – 2016 | BrightScope
- Nominated finalist for the San Diego Business Journal’s 2015 Healthiest Companies Award | BrightScope
- Well-Being Challenge Award Recipient for BrightScope Wellness Program | BrightScope – May 2013, October 2013, October 2014
- Designed and implemented BrightScope’s first Outcomes-Based Wellness Program and maintained a participation rate of 90%.
- Led company-wide recruiting initiative to grow BrightScope employee base by 110% over an 18 month period (2012-mid 2014). Decreased BrightScope attrition by 8% over 2 consecutive quarters (2015).
Bachelor of Science Degree, Political Science | Northern Arizona University, 2005
Certificate in Human Resources Management | University of California, San Diego, 2012
Professional in Human Resources | Human Resources Certificate Institute, 2013 – 2019
SHRM-CP | Society of Human Resources Management, 2015 – 2018
Certified Wellness Program Coordinator | Chapman Institute, 2015
Northern California Chapter of SHRM | 2017
National SHRM Member and Capitol Hill Advocate | Current
San Diego Chapter of SHRM & Legislative Committee Member | 2011-2016, 2018-current
Rady Children’s Hospital – Patient Care Companion Volunteer | 2013-2015
Feeding America San Diego Chapter | 2012-2016
- Advanced principles in talent management – full cycle, in-house recruitment, performance management, Learning/Training & Development
- Strong knowledge of state and Federal employment laws and regulatory compliance
- Experienced leadership coach, mentor and motivator
- Strong knowledge and practical application of benefits and compensation programs
- Skilled in employee relations, conflict resolution and organizational behavior
- Advanced principles of problem identification, analysis and resolution
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Advanced principles of customer services and public relations with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies
- Advanced principles of management, budgeting and administration or programs
- Strong knowledge and application of Microsoft Office suite, Apple suite, and Google apps
- Technical experience with HTML, Django, JIRA/Confluence, Basecamp