- Provide HR strategy, vision, and thought leadership to drive business results by focusing on people operations, employee experience, recruitment and workforce planning, organizational development, and change management. Support high-priority company objectives by providing essential data to influence action and offer proactive solutions to complex challenges. Build and lead teams that own end-to-end HR programs.
- Design, implement and support organizational programs dedicated to enhancing culture, talent acquisition, and talent retention, increasing the productivity and engagement of employees, and developing opportunities for employee growth and development.
- Experienced practitioner in architecting, implementing, managing, and evaluating:
- Values and Mission-Driven Programs: Drive adoption and support of recruitment, L&D, employee experience, community relations, philanthropic partnerships, and internship programs.
- Leadership Development: Coach and counsel executives and managers on personal effectiveness, Emotional Intelligence, leadership, team cohesion and, team learning and development opportunities.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging: Build and scale DEI&B recruiting and HR initiatives aligned with organizational mission and values. Create data-driven programs/initiatives that drive engagement and retention of underrepresented groups with a concentrated effort in engineering, design, and product—experience with EEO, AAP, and public company reporting.
- Performance Management: Mentoring and motivating team members to meet their optimum performance. Partner with organizational leaders to create comprehensive talent development and succession plans across teams and throughout organizations. Partner with Recruitment and managers on the development of job descriptions, performance evaluation tools, and OKRs.
- Total Rewards: Architect, evaluate, improve, and communicate compensation/merit philosophy, equity, job leveling, bonus programs, and promotion practices. Develop comprehensive benefits and wellness programs, including the development of communication collateral and hosting informational sessions.
- Additional experience overseeing the planning, development, and execution of HR functions, including recruitment, facilities, immigration, employee relations, employment law, regulatory compliance, organizational effectiveness & development, L&D, HR analytics, HR integrations, and change management. Domestic (multi-state) and global work experience. ERG executive leadership.
Employment (see my LinkedIn profile for comprehensive work experience)
- Global Head of People, Transmission | 02/22 – 11/22 (laid off)
- VP of People, North America, S4 Capital/Media.Monks |01/21 – 01/22
- People Operations/Org. Development Consultant, The HR Hacker | 2011 – 2021
- Consulting with CPG and Professional Service startups | 08/18 – 01/21
- Consultant with Code to the Future | 06/17 – 09/17
- VP, People Operations & Employee Experience, Code to the Future | 09/17 – 07/18 (laid off)
- Director of Human Resources, Chartboost | 02/17 – 06/17
- Head of People Operations, if(we), acquired by The Meet Group | 05/16 – 02/17 (company acquired)
- VP, Human Resources, BrightScope, Inc., acquired by Strategic Insights | 05/12 – 05/16 (company acquired)
- Additional HR, marketing, accounting, and operations experience | 2006 – 2012
Recent Notable Achievements (comprehensive list available upon request)
- Design and develop the first DEI talent acquisition plan for North America (S4 + Transmission)
- Design and deploy the first global job leveling, titling, family framework, informing the development of the first comp global comp benchmarking exercise (consulting + Transmission)
- Design and implement a regional mobility program (immigration, relocation, workplace flexibility) (S4 + Transmission)
- Re-org of regional & global HR team based on HR talent skillsets, 9 box, and HR discipline interests (S4)
- Design, implement and evaluate programs in recruitment, total rewards, performance management, operational efficiency, and learning & development (CPG clients + Transmission)
- Led change management in leadership culture and strategic planning (Code to the Future, CPG clients, Transmission)
- Developed a complex data modeling tool for compensation benchmarking and merit review (Code to the Future, CPG clients, Transmission)
- Architected and deployed organization’s 1st performance management program (Code to the Future)
- Architected and launched we(grow) Leadership Development Program (ifwe)
- Initiated organization-wide transition to Agile and technical project management process (ifwe)
- Architected and deployed Diversity & Inclusion programs for talent acquisition and L&D (BrightScope)
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Political Science | Northern Arizona University
- Certificate in Human Resources Management | University of California, San Diego
- Professional in Human Resources | HRCI
- SHRM-CP | SHRM
Relevant Industry Experience
Support organizations through rapid growth (founding teams to 1000+ employees)
Support teams through M&A events, fundraising, new business ventures, and establishing new revenue streams
10+ years scaling startup organizations (Pre-seed – Series C)
Full-cycle recruitment initiatives led and managed from Entry-level to Executive
Industries worked in:
- Tech: SaaS, FinTech, Gaming/Social, AdTech, Digital Media, Marketing and Advertising, EdTech, E-commerce
- CPG: Fashion/Retail, Supply Chain, Distribution and Warehousing, Manufacturing
- Restaurant/Food Services
- Advanced principles in HR and Full-cycle recruitment
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulatory compliance
- Experienced leadership coach, mentor, and motivator
- Strong influence, consulting, program, and project management skills
- Skilled in employee relations, conflict resolution, organizational design, and behavior
- Strong content and collateral developer
- Advanced principles of problem identification, analysis, and resolution
- Strong relationship builder and communicator; ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies
- Technical experience with project management, operations, and communication software
- Strong technical experience in PayScale, Radford, Option Impact/Pave, Namely, BambooHR, ADP, Lever & Greenhouse