- Consult with organizational leaders to drive business results by focusing strategically on people operations, workforce planning, organizational development and change management. Support high priority organizational decisions by providing essential data to influence action and offer proactive solutions to complex challenges.
- Design, implement and support organizational programs dedicated to enhancing culture, recruiting and retaining top talent, increasing the productivity and engagement of employees and developing opportunities for employee growth and development.
- Experienced practitioner in architecting, implementing, managing and evaluating:
- Values and Mission Driven Programs: Drive adoption and support of employee recognition, community relations, philanthropic partnerships, and internship programs.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Build and scale diversity, equity and inclusion recruiting and People initiatives that are aligned with organizational mission and values. Create data-driven programs/initiatives that drive engagement and retention of underrepresented groups with a concentrated effort in engineering, design and product. Experience with EEO and AAP reporting.
- Performance Management: Mentoring and motivating team members to meet their optimum performance. Partner with organizational leaders to create comprehensive talent development and succession plans across teams and throughout organizations. Partner with Recruitment and managers on development of job descriptions and performance evaluation tools.
- Total Rewards: Architect, evaluate, improve and communicate compensation/merit philosophy, equity, bonus programs and promotion practices. Create and administer benefits and wellness programs, including development of communication collateral and hosting informational sessions.
- Leadership Development: Coach and counsel executives and managers on personal effectiveness, Emotional Intelligence, leadership, team cohesion and team learning & development opportunities.
- Additional experience overseeing the planning, development and execution of all functions of HR including: talent acquisition and management, immigration, employee relations, employment law and regulatory compliance, organizational effectiveness, training & development and data analysis and management. Work experience with domestic and global organizations.
Employment (see my LinkedIn profile for comprehensive work experience)
People Operations, Employee Experience, Talent & OD Consultant, The HR Hacker | 2011 – present
- Consulting with a stealth mode startup | Aug. 2018 – present
- Consultant with Code to the Future | Jun. 2017 – Sept. 2018
VP, People Operations & Employee Experience, Code to the Future | 2017 – 2018
Head of People Operations, if(we), acquired by The Meet group | 2016 – 2017
VP, Human Resources, Brightscope, Inc., acquired by Strategic Insights | 2012 – 2016
Recent Notable Achievements (comprehensive list available upon request)
- Led change management in leadership culture and strategic planning | Code to the Future
- Developed a complex data modeling tool for compensation benchmarking and merit review | Code to the Future
- Implemented talent acquisition Standard Operating Procedures and established a streamlined new hire on-boarding process | Code to the Future
- Architected and deployed organization’s 1st performance management program | Code to the Future
- Architected and launched Boosted Leadership Development Program | Chartboost
- Architected and launched we(grow) Leadership Development Program | if(we)
- Initiated organizational wide transition to Agile and technical project management process | if(we)
- Architected and deployed Diversity & Inclusion programs for talent acquisition and L&D | BrightScope
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Political Science | Northern Arizona University
- Certificate in Human Resources Management | University of California, San Diego
- professional in human resources | human resources certificate institute
- SHRM-CP | society of human resources management
- National SHRM Member and Capitol Hill Advocate
- Northern California Chapter of SHRM
- San Diego Chapter of SHRM & Legislative Committee Member
- Rady Children’s Hospital – Patient Care Companion Volunteer
- Feeding America San Diego Chapter
- Advanced principles in recruitment, performance management, compensation, benefits, equity and Learning/Training & Development
- Strong knowledge of state and Federal employment laws and regulatory compliance
- Experienced leadership coach, mentor and motivator
- Skilled in employee relations, conflict resolution and organizational behavior
- Strong content and collateral developer
- Advanced principles of problem identification, analysis and resolution
- Strong relationship builder and communicator (written/verbal) with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies
- Strong influence, consulting and project management skills
- Technical experience with HTML, Atlassian, Slack, Basecamp, ADP, Paychex, BambooHR, Namely, Reflektive, Excel, Google apps